Bell pepper has a lovely diversity of colors like the red, yellow, orange and green bell peppers. It is a top list source of Ascorbic acid (vit C). Some people do not know that bell pepper is very rich in vitamin C though. Nevertheless, it’s famous for counteracting the Common cold and influenza, vitamin C got a lot more to do. Being present in various types of food, you may pick your favorite taste. And bell pepper got a marvelous taste either alone or combined
■ Check out the sources of Vitamin C through this link.
Bell pepper for sure can add an amazing color to the meal. Not only that, but also it adds color to life because of its great benefits. Studies have proved bell pepper to be one of the mostly beneficial vegetables to health. For its variety of the vitamins content, bell pepper has very amazing benefits. Bell pepper contains vitamins A, C and E, in addition to Lycopene. These are the most prominent nutrients in bell pepper. Let’s have a close insight at each one of them.
Bell Pepper is a big boost for Health
Vitamin C importance
- It’s great for collagen formation which is a structural protein present in skin and bones. That’s why vitamin C is needed for healthy skin and bones.
- Synthesis of cholesterol and corticosteroids requires vit C. Corticosteroids are steroid hormones that do many functions. They are released from adrenal gland as a response to stress.
- Vitamin C is so significant for wound healing, iron absorption in GIT. Bell pepper (vit C sources) can be eaten along with iron-rich foods for best absorption of iron.
- Vitamin C is one of the water-soluble vitamins which acts as an antioxidant. Like other antioxidants such as vitamins A and E and glutathione, it protects the cells. Antioxidants help protect from cellular damage due to free radicals, which are oxygen byproducts. The FRs are responsible for aging and many diseases as cancer and heart diseases.
Vit A Importance
Vitamin A is another antioxidant present in the bell pepper and is one of the fat-soluble vitamins. It’s very important for bone growth, cell division and reproduction. Vit A helps also in the formation of healthy skin and teeth. Vitamin A is very essential for the dark vision cycle occurring in the eye whilst sleeping.
■ Read: Vitamin A forms and health benefits
Vit E Importance
The fat-soluble vitamin and antioxidant that helps the body make red blood cells. It prevents the oxidation of cell components. Vitamin E could also inhibit the oxidation of LDL (Low Density Lipoprotein). This in turn, decreases the liability to heart diseases. Vit E guarantees a good muscle mass and functionality. Bell pepper has abundance in vitamin E.
Lycopene is the red pigment found naturally in the liver, adrenal glands, lungs and blood. Red pepper contains high levels of lycopene. It is known to be one of the antioxidants. It can prevent lung and prostate cancers. Being an antioxidant increases the overall antioxidant capacity of bell pepper. The thing that makes bell pepper very precious. Moreover, Lycopene has been found capable of blocking the growth of cancer cell. Tomatoes are also rich in lycopene.
Now, lets count the benefits of Bell Peppers (Capsicums) in brief
- Very low in calories which make them a must to be included in weight loss diets
- Red pepper relieves pain and eases inflammation because of its capsaicin content
- Maintain a healthy skin and bones
- Prophylactic against aging and different diseases like cancers and heart diseases
- Insure optimum absorption of iron that is substantial to red blood cells formation and functioning
- Important for corticosteroids formation, thereby, can help manage stress and decrease anxiety
- Have thermogenic properties, because of that, it can burn more calories through increasing metabolism
- Keep a healthy sight and night vision and prevents night blindness
- So beneficial for bone growth and reproduction
- Great for nervous system and aids in renewing cells due to its vitamin B6 content
- The sulfur they contain pushes forward its protective role against cancer
- Capable of balancing the blood sugar
- Can protect the macula of the eye, thus preventing the macula degeneration due to aging
- Eating bell peppers supplies the body with lots of phytonutrients
Stuck to eating natural food. It’s the healthiest and most guaranteed option to follow up for best results. Let the glamour of the taste worth the benefit. Always remember that prophylaxis against the ailment is the best strategy. Bell pepper is a colored attractiveness of benefit, never miss it